ATTENTION CANADIAN IMPORTERS
ARE YOU READY FOR SINGLE WINDOW INITIATIVE?
Delmar is Ready to Help
- Delmar is certified and experienced in all facets of SWI
- Delmar Customers can request a report of their products on how SWI impacts them
- Watch a recorded SWI webinar with our experts
- SWI FAQs
- Delmar continues to invest in Customs Services related technologies in order to deliver the most efficient and optimal results
Questions? Please contact email@example.com and we will respond by the next business day.
What is Single Window Initiative?
The Single Window Initiative (SWI) is a new mandated electronic process of sharing commercial import data with Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA). There are nine SWI Participating Government Agencies (PGAs), covering 38 programs. A gradual rollout of this initiative began on April 1, 2019. Full mandated Canadian import adoption of SWI is expected in Fall 2019 (date TBD).
How it helps you
- Better import process – reach multiple agencies with one filing
- Less paper – faster processing and better tracking/record keeping
- Less required time
Critical Importing Info
- Brokers and importers who are currently not using SWI may already begin to experience shipment clearance delays
- Brokers and Importers must be certified to begin taking advantage of SWI
The PGAs affected
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (Ex. Food products)
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (Ex. Nuclear substances and equipment such as smoke detectors)
- Environment and Climate Change Canada (Ex. Hazardous waste and products pertaining to vehicle emission)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada (Ex. Aquatic species)
- Global Affairs Canada (Ex. Import quotas on meat and poultry, as well as steel imports)
- Health Canada (Ex. Human drugs and medical devices)
- Natural Resources Canada (Ex. Energy-using products)
- Public Health Agency Canada (Ex. Human and animal pathogens)
- Transport Canada (Ex. Vehicles and tires)